tips & f.a.q.
First of all anatomic behavior. A quality mattress should not be pressuring you to various parts of your body such as shoulders and hips.
Instead, it must adjust your body, giving you a unique feeling of relaxation and comfort.
A main issue is also orthopedic behavior. The support of your spine, keeping its natural position, resulting in relaxation of muscles.
Unique Sense. The pleasure that you experience when you lie down, must be absolute. Only then will your body and mind relax.
Comfort and Hygene. Your mattress should ensure all hygiene conditions, based on the necessary certifications.
Finally, the endurance. A quality mattress should not be fast losing its sturdiness but retain its properties for approximately eight years.
When was the last time you thought about your mattress?
Many of us forget that the mattress is our most used piece of furniture we have in our home. In fact, if you sleep eight hours a night, in one year will have spent 3,000 hours on your mattress. After 10 years, we’ve recorded 30,000 hours in the same bed.
The following list describes some example questions from the answer which you will see whether or not it is time to change your mattress.
1. Did you buy your mattress eight years ago?
The average lifespan of a quality mattress is eight to ten years.
The mattresses that exceed this time limit may be causing comfort problems and having reduced potential support.
2. Do you wake up and feel more tired than when you went to bed?
Most consumers wait too long to replace their mattresses.
If you wake up and you do not feel fresh and rejuvenated – or if you feel any pain or discomfort – you are certainly in need of a new mattress.
3. Do you feel that the sofa is more comfortable than your bed?
Concentrate on the feel of your mattress. Do you feel the springs and the discomfort they cause? Your body needs a smooth, comfortable surface to sleep a revitalizing night. Your mattress should help you to sleep with minimal tilt and turn.
4. Your mattress looks worn and wrinkled full of imperfections.
Inspect your mattress regularly, if it ‘hang’ and has fingerprints. If your mattress shows anomalies in the surface and you seem used and frayed, maybe it is time to start looking for another. Pressure is applied to the layers of a mattress during the year. For optimal performance, rotate your mattress occasionally to extend the life and renew its comfort.
If you “inherited” your mattress from a family member or friend, chances are that you should replace it.
5. You’ve taken your mattress for granted.
The mattress is the most used and most ignored piece of furniture in the house. Pay attention to your mattress. Do you hear creaks or some other noises? Can you observe leaves or hanging signs in some areas and not others on the surface? The condition of your mattress may surprise you, just take a closer look.
People differ. On the way they live, work, fatigue, in body type, age, weight. Each one has different habits, desires and sensibilities. This is what determines the way in which we place our bodies on a bed, hence the “anatomical” needs the mattress is called to serve.
Therefore, there is an identified anatomical definition of the mattress. Nevertheless, there are certain elements which may define a mattress as anatomic. The most important function of a mattress is to adapt to the body … never the opposite.
An anatomic mattress should produce ideal conditions supporting perfectly our whole body.
Recent research on sleep showed that the appropriate mattress for your back should be neither too hard nor too soft. It must be stable in structure, but at the same time to subside and relieve pressure during use.
Body weight should be evenly spread across the surface of the mattress, absorbing vibration and preventing the accumulation of pressure on specific points.
The spine and joints must rest in their natural position, to cause the least possible stress on muscles and nerves for good blood circulation.
Briefly, then, “Anatomic” is a mattress that maintains the body’s natural posture by providing support for multiple comfortable and restful sleep.
Of course, all these are achieved when the mattress is made after thoughtful planning, with specific materials of high quality and high durability, offering the perfect flexibility. This creates the best conditions for a good sleep and contoured.
Focus on finding a mattress that meets your comfort first and then your quality preference. Always shop wearing comfortable clothes and shoes that can easily be removed for lying down. Take your time and do not be shy. You can not judge support and comfort by sitting in a corner of a mattress or lying down for a few seconds. When trying out a mattress, try it in the position you normally sleep, if you sleep with a partner, go with him to decide together. Gather as much information as possible about the mattress. Remember, buy the best bed that you can afford.
Yes! A good foundation is as important as a good mattress! It acts as a great shock absorber to which great pressure is applied from the body during sleep, and contributes to the comfort and support. Do not use your new mattress on an inappropriate bed base. When you select the mattress, buy the suggested bed base. Both are designed to operate as closely as possible together.
No, this is not true. The sleep systems of elite strom are developed, produced and offered only by elite strom. The materials that meet the highest quality standards in the industry, not offered in products derived from another plant. Do not be fooled by factories who say that they produce and sell products that are just like an elite strom. There is no substitute for a total sleep elite strom.
No! The design and construction of the mattresses have changed dramatically – even over the last few years! The technology on springs has improved, new “comfort” materials have been developed, as well as comfort choices have been expanded to give consumers the ability to choose the sleep system that suits them.
A good sleep for the child, is among the most important things in his/her life and this should be given special attention. For his/her goodnight sleep, you should create a pleasant environment to produce serenity and affection. It is highly recommended to provide specially designed children’s mattress, covering specific needs. Make sure to tidy up the room before putting him/her to bed. The clutter, the posts can create nervousness. Never forget of hygiene such as washing the face and teeth. We recommend to have a soft familiar toy for companionship while sleeping. Read or tell him/her a story. We know that children want to be repeating the same stories because they like to know what will happen next.
A good sleep in this most important time of your life is the best natural ally, which will ensure a good and enjoyable day, a calm and relaxed body, you need both. During the course of pregnancy and growing as the abdomen, it is going to be hard to find a position that suits you to sleep. For this you must pay close attention to some key points.
• Do you sleep in anatomic mattress that can support your body properly?
• Support the mattress in a modern bed bade, or if you use old bed, an anatomic frame.
• Try to sleep on the side with your knees slightly bent.
• Use a pillow to support your abdomen.
• Avoid caffeine, excessive liquids or heavy meals a few hours before lying down.
• Do something relaxing when you go to bed, like reading a book or listen to relaxing music.
1. Make sure you sleep in a bed meeting your specifications and also a quality mattress. The muscles of the body and human mind can not relax if the mattress does not properly support the body or if it is older than eight years and propably has reduced support characteristics.
2. Choose the right pillow. When buying a pillow try it out in the position you get when you sleep normally.
3. Adjust your biological clock. It helps greatly to have set times that you fall to sleep.
4. Relax before going to sleep. It is the best ally.
We recommend a warm shower, a good book or relaxing music.
5. Do not ignore fatigue. Try going to sleep when your body says it’s time for that.
6. When it is time to go to bed avoid drinks containing caffeine such as tea, coffee, chocolate and some soft drinks. Prefer a hot drink with milk because milk contains an amino acid that aids sleep.
7. A light dinner two hours before bedtime is ideal. A heavy meal or drink, will trouble your sleep.
8. The nicotine stimulates the body and mind and therefore smoking should be avoided before bedtime. Smokers fall asleep with difficulty and quite often experience discomfort during sleep.
9. Make sure you have the right atmosphere for the bedroom. A good bedroom is cool, quiet and dark. Sleep does not like extreme temperatures, noise and bright lights.
10. The proper exercise is the best natural ally, but late at night, creates excitement.
11. Cell phones are not so relaxing in bed. Even the sound of incoming messages and e-mail can cause disruption. Therefore, it is preferable that the device is located either in another room, or to be turned of during nigh time.
It is important to follow the advice of the manufacturer for the care and maintenance of your new mattress. This ensures proper operation of the product purchased, the warranty, and increase the average life.
• Proper placement: Make sure your new mattress is installed correctly on your bed. Ideally, place your mattress on a substrate – basis or anatomical frame. In any case it should be placed on a solid surface that allows the product to breathe. Improper installation can cause immediate and irreparable damage to the product.
• Protection and Hygiene: Ensure the health of your mattress using a washable protective cover (waterproof or absorbent quilted) thus limiting the growth of mites, while protecting it from bodily secretions. We recommended ventilation of the bedroom, and furthermore for cleaning the mattress, vacuuming is the only recommended method of cleaning dust and dead skin cells.
•Flip and rotate the mattress *: To better protect your investment, alternately rotate and invert your mattress.
* Does not apply to mattresses temptation, tempur, vital, favorite.
• Inappropriate uses: Do not use your mattress as a trampoline and do not place heavy objects on it. It can distort the anatomical behavior or even irreparable damage.
• Do not wet, do not wash or use your mattress as a base for iron, the temperature and humidity affect the materials inside the mattress.
• Transportation: If you need to move your mattress, the best way is to have it perpendicular to the floor. In difficult and tight spots avoid bending it.
• Store: In case you need to store your mattress for a long time place it in a dry environment always in upright position and wrapped in a cotton cloth. Avoid putting it in a nylon bag because it prevents the proper ventilation of the mattress.
• Do not remove the label: The information on the label, have useful product information to the user, serve as a means of identification of the product while reinforcing the warranty.
For any questions you have on the proper use and maintenance of products purchased, please contact our staff.