1. About us
The public limited-liability company with the distinctive title "ELITE STROM", based in Nea Erythraia, Attica, El. Venizelou & Delvinou, postal code 14671, ΤΙΝ 094279252, Athens Tax Office for S.A. Companies, and contact number +302262059825, has operated successfully for more than 40 years in the field of mattress construction, emphasizing on excellent quality and innovation. Additionally, ELITE STROM is the exclusive representative of TEMPUR mattress company in Greece, while also representing the American companies of Sealy and STERNS & FOSTER.
As part of its product and service providing, ELITE STROM is in direct contact with a large number of customers, always focused on satisfying the customer, based on the three qualities of comfort, innovation and modern design. With the same devotion and with a great sense of responsibility, ELITE STROM wishes to inform you about the General Data Protection Regulation (E.U.) 2016/679 and asks you to spend some of your time to read this Briefing on the processing of your personal data during your visit on its website (https://elitestrom.gr/ ).
2. Personal data and their processing
Personal data means any information that may identify, directly or indirectly, a living natural person, such as their name, their address, their contact details (phone number, mobile phone number), their email address etc.
Processing is considered to be any operation or set of operations which is performed, whether or not by automated means, on personal data or on sets of personal data, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, searching for information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of personal data of which the Company has or will become aware, either directly from you through the page or under the transaction relationship with the Company.
3. The personal data we collect from our website and how we use them.
ELITE STROM informs the visitors of the website who wish to navigate on it, the customers or people interested that complete a contact form, the customers that wish to receive an online warranty for the product they have purchased, the associates of the Company who use the website, as well as any other visitor, that through its website https://elitestrom.gr/ it collects information about all of you, if and only if you provide it, which is essential for both the fulfillment of the above requests and your navigation on the page. More specifically, the Company collects and processes the following minimum personal data and for the following purposes:
• name, surname, email, subject, message, when you register them and provide them through a contact form or a form of expression of interest on our website in order to contact us for a request/complaint/question/other issue
• email, name, surname and date of birth, when you provide them to us in order to subscribe to our newsletter and to get informed on all our offers and new products
• name, surname, email, address, phone number, area, when you provide them in order to receive an online warranty for a product you have already purchased from us
• your IP address and location data, when you provide them (allow location) and when you navigate on our site, for protection purposes against Internet fraud and other illegal activities
4. Processing of special categories of personal data (“sensitive personal data”)
ELITE STROM does not fundamentally process your sensitive personal data through its website, such as data that relate to your racial or your ethnic origin, your religious or philosophical beliefs, health data or data that refer to your sex life or sexual orientation, provided that the above data are not essential to fulfill the above mentioned purposes, applying the principles of minimization, necessity and proportionality, as they are stated in the GDPR.
5. The legal basis for the processing of your data by ELITE STROM
As far as the legal basis of the processing of your data is concerned, ELITE STROM legally processes your personal data, which are found essential for certain purposes and more specifically with the following legal bases:
1. when their process is necessary for the conclusion, completion, regulation, service, support and oversight of a sale and our cooperation (e.g. online warranty purchase for a product you have bought from us), and the proper execution of our contractual obligations, or after a specific request within it
2. when it is requested for the compliance of our Company with its legal obligations
3. when it is requested for the pursuit of the legitimate interest of ELITE STROM
4. according to the previous consent you have provided us with, as long as the processing is not established in any of the above mentioned legal bases of processing (e.g. to send the newsletter)
6. Who the recipients of your data are
Access to your personal data in the context of our relationship is available to the trained and authorized personnel of our Company to cover the needs of your service, bound by absolute confidentiality and non-disclosure.
ELITE STROM, respecting the privacy of the visitors of its page does not further share with third parties the personal data it collects from you on its website if such a thing is not necessary. It is likely to share/make some of them known to third legal persons, to which it has partially or fully assigned the execution of the processing of your personal data (Data Processors) on its behalf, for specific purposes, as for example the support of the present website and with which it has ensured the accordant to the Regulation (GDPR) processing, for the protection of your data, through signed contracts and legal binding of upholding sufficient measures, under the accordant provisions of the GDPR (articles 28, 32).
Additionally, the Company shares your data to public services and institutions, when and where such a thing is provided by the current legislation in force.
7. How long we retain your data for
ELITE STROM retains your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the legislation and the Retention Policy it has, more specifically for the time period applicable in each case, for as long as the nature and the purpose of each processing demands, for as long as each legislative and regulatory framework defines and in any case, for the whole period of our transaction relationship and its secondary contractual obligations.
In any case, we apply, as a maximum period, the twenty (20) years of retention (General Statute of Limitation on claims), with the chance of extending that period in case any form of arrogation or pending legal dispute or indication of control from a public authority arises. After the above period of time passes, the data which are no longer necessary will be erased in a safe and non-recoverable way.
In case you have given your consent in view of specific processing and there is no other legal basis for it, you have the right to withdraw it, with a simple statement of withdrawal, which will be addressed to ELITE STROM, by completing a form of exercising your rights or selecting the unsubscribe option that will be provided to you in every communication or through other means, without offending the legitimacy of the processing that was based on your consent until it was withdrawn.
8. The security of your data is our priority
ELITE STROM attends to taking sufficient technical and organizational measures for the preservation of both the technical and the natural security in accordance with the article 32 and the principles of the GDPR. It has relevant Policies and adheres, as a whole, to the principles of processing in accordance with the letter of the GDPR (article 5 GDPR), in view of ensuring the availability, integrity and confidentiality of your data. Ostensively, there is a Firewall installed, in the Antivirus IT infrastructure, for the protection of the infrastructure from internal and external threats, a regular update of the software systems of information goods, access matrix and application encryption, security copies are kept and relevant Policies are applied within the Company, for the electronic and natural security of the infrastructure and the protection of data.
More specifically, in regard to the above mentioned website, ELITE STROM applies the protocol of secure communication SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) with a powerful encryption, through which security, during online data transmission, is enhanced.
9. Your rights, according to GDPR and how to exercise them
In any case, you have control over the processing of your personal data. Specifically, according to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation for the Data Protection of natural persons (EU 679/2016), as a subject of personal data processing you preserve the following rights:
1. The right to be informed, announced and briefed about exercising your rights (article 12, 13, 14 GDPR), meaning your right to be informed on how your personal data are used (as it is thoroughly done in the present Briefing) (The right to be informed).
2. The right to access the personal data that concern you and if the Company processes them, as a Data Controller (article 15 GDPR). The Company will provide a copy of the personal data after a relevant request is made from you (The right of access).
3. The right to rectify inaccurate data as well as to add data when they are incomplete (article 16 GDPR) (The right to rectification). 4. The right to erase your personal data (“The right to be forgotten”), subject to the obligations and legal rights of the Company over their preservation according to the current legislative and regulatory provisions (article 17 GDPR) (The right to erasure).
5. The right to restrict the processing of your personal data if, either their accuracy is doubted, or the processing is illegal, or they lack the purpose of processing but their erasure is not applicable (article 18 GDPR) (The right to restriction of processing).
6. The right to transfer your personal data to another Data Controller (data portability), if the processing is based on you consent and is conducted with automated means or to execute the contract between us (article 20 GDPR) (The right to portability).
7. The right to object for reasons that concern your special condition in case your data are being processed for purposes of the Company’s legitimate interest (article 21) and especially to object to the automated decision-making (article 22) (The right to object).
8. The right to withdraw the already given consent (article 7 GDPR) at any time, for processing conducted based on the consent. The legitimacy of the processing of your data is not influenced by the withdrawal of your consent up to the point you requested the withdrawal (The right to withdraw consent).
9. The right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, that is to say the Data Protection Authority (Kifissias Avenue 1-3, Athens, Postal Code 115 23, +30 210 6475600, email@example.com)
10. The way to exercise your rights and file a complaint
You are entitled to exercise your rights sending an email to the electronic address firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to our address in Schimatari of Viotia, 59th km N.R. Athens to Lamia, Postal Code 32009, completing the appropriate rights request form that we provide you with (Rights Request Form). Your relevant requests must be accompanied by the appropriate identification documents of yourself, with the stated reservation of the Company to be able to ask for provision of additional information in order to identify and verify your personal information.
The above requests will be examined upon completing and sending the relevant rights request form, as it has been posted on our page and under the explicit instructions written in it.
ELITE STROM will make every effort to proceed to the necessary actions within a month from the day of the request/exercise of the case-by-case right on your behalf, with the exception of the case in which the tasks concerning the fulfillment of your request are characterized by particularities and/or complications based on which the Company retains the right to extend the period of time taken to complete the actions.
In any case the Company will inform you about the course of your request within a month of its filing.
11. Specific statements of ELITE STROM
1. It states that it doesn’t process personal data of visitors/users of the website who are under the age of sixteen (16) years.
2. It states that it is not responsible for any damage (direct, indirect, positive, deponent) that may be caused to the visitor on account of the website or its use. The visitor is solely responsible for the protection of their system against viruses.
3. It states that it doesn’t make decisions or proceed to profiling based on an automated processing of your data.
4. It states that the present policy is likely to be amended / updated at any time. The visitor will be informed about all the significant changes, while, every single time, the updated version will be posted on the page. For this reason, the visitor of the website must be informed and refer to the present policy regularly.
6. For our company’s customers we have a special Policy Briefing.
7. For the Associates of our company we have a special Policy Briefing.
12. Useful contact details:
Data Controller Details:
“ELIT STROM INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL S.A. OF MATTRESSES - FURNITURE” distinctive title “ELITE STROM”
(base) Nea Erythraia Attica, Eleftheriou Venizelou & Delvinou street, PC 14671, Schimatari of Voiotia, 59th km N.R. Athens to Lamia PC 32009
Phone Number: 22620 59825
Details of Data Protection Authority
(DPA, competent national Supervisory Authority):
Kifissias Avenue 1-3, Postal Code 115 23, Athens
Call center: +30 210 6475600
Fax: +30 2106475628